Being His


“I’m beautiful, I’m funny, I’m gentle, I’m kind,” I tell myself while standing by the mirror.

It’s my daily routine, the kind of confidence I must don before I step out of the door.
It’s the dose I need to have the strength on my feet to walk hand in hand with the man that I say I love.

“You’re beautiful, you make me laugh, your soul is gentle, your heart is kind,” he told me, not once, not twice. That was when his world revolved around me, when he would pursue me relentlessly, when he had the conviction, he loved me and wanted me to be his.

And I was, and I loved him back and I felt beautiful, funny and kind.
Time passed on and I am still his but I am not sure anymore.

“You’re beautiful, you’re gentle, you’re kind,” is what I tell the reflection I see when I look at me, because now I have to remind me that; he doesn’t say it anymore.

I am his but the four adjectives are thrown to others but me, he doesn’t realize I need them as much now as he needed to say them when he once desired to be mine. He doesn’t know for every compliment and attention given to every other girl is one more brick laid to build a fortress of insecurities.

I am his but I am not, not when I am feeling like a random girl in his eventful life, an audience to his games; not when his sloppiness hurts me; not when he gets to a point where he forgets that being his means that every day I should feel beautiful, and gentle and kind.
He made me and he should ensure that forever stays when it comes to me and being his.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survival for the loudest chap

Cold Feet

The Zombie Apocalypse