Survival for the loudest chap

It's a Friday night in an eighth full matatu(team positivity) and I'm going wherever the party's at. I'm a little frustrated from frantic calls I'm getting from another fella and I won't pick them anyway. A raggedy brother hops in, looks around and he settles for where I am. I'm mad, what are all these empty seats for? I know I'm not looking pretty as my hair is held back with no much thought put into neatness. I'm in a trenchcoat and some random pants I jumped into hurriedly. Or it's that thing they say about you being who you attract?

I'm actually mad because he has a boiled maize on his left that he's gnawing at unapologetically and a fat avocado on his right. Wait, no, that's no crime. It's his chewing that's getting to my nerves.


"You can have a bite," he offers with his mouth full and pointing the maize at me. I'll pass lawfully. My reason being chewing maize is exhausting for me, so I'm no fan. Some corny excuse I know but we all know why I declined and he laughed it off. In that moment I thought it was really kind of him, and I smiled abashedly.

We hush for two damning(from his end) minutes, and the chatterbox decides to keep me busy with the story of his life. I like to listen to people, so yea, I'm all ears in as much as I want to look away at the street lights.

I'll call him seatmate (SM). SM gets a call from his well off aunt who lives in Toll. It's the typical African relative who reaches out to a nephew in shagz with the tune of an opportunity in the city where she's at. SM packs up a few clothes and in gratitude also loads some fresh farm produce from their shamba. The ambitious man wouldn't dare forget to stow his big city dreams, airtight, in the bag's side pockets.

Full story on here (my new website)>> Survival for the loudest chap
Find MORE stories and thoughts updated on my new blog here๐Ÿ‘‰ HER THOUGHT PIECE

Comments

  1. SM's is a big heart, he thought you worthy of his avocado and that's kind. I wanted to hear more๐Ÿ˜ญ. Suspense sucks, even in intimacy, but it's what keeps us coming back for more. I love this piece.

    Say you won't leave us again. Please stay and warm our hearts like you've always done ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to stay a little longer. Buckle up. Sorry I left you hanging but I appreciate you taking your time ❤️

      Delete
  2. I wonder who that fella is, with the frantic calls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both haha, should've picked up to find out

      Delete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique, you are quite a scribe.. But who is the fella with frantic calls... Alafu si you share the Avocado... Make me smile from your kindness ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything to see you smile, there's power in sharing that fruit. And thank you.

      Delete
  5. A lot of stories exist in matatus. Makes me opposed to plugging in my earphones and listening to the same music I listen to every-day nowadays. I even just look around and see the diversity. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kibet. Gives one clarity and cosmic inspiration in a special way. Thanks for stopping by!! ❤️

      Delete
  6. A really good read Monique. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must!! Thanks for reading Phil๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  7. My first read from you Monique and I love it! Keep writing. Hope I'm not too late for an avocado share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's never a bad time with avocado. I'll stack up some more. Thanks and stay put dear❤️❤️

      Delete
  8. Wow. I love the story. I'd like to know what happened next๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, been thinking about it and subscribe. It's coming!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  9. Nice article....I loved your vivid description. You have mastered the art of story telling ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nice read there I love it .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yey, you read!

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Feet

The Zombie Apocalypse