LEAVING


On this day I feel like Cinderella, running in her glass slippers back home, shunning the midnight hour when tick-tock hits then she turns out to be who not the prince thought. I am alarmed, truly that this year has been my princess-like charade, and once the fireworks start to go off and people start screaming in the neighborhood that it is new year, everything will change.

So 3 campus years, what do I make of it? Maybe I should have pictures to show and stories to tell round a bonfire all night. But snap your fingers and for those who cannot put their thumb and middle finger together; swing them sideways to make a sound, I hope you can blink once. And yes, that’s all I can say about my years for now. It was, then it wasn’t, and believe me it’s still messing my mind up.

 Can I go on being Cinderella anymore? Will friends I had in school always there for me because they were there, like the next door to mine? Will there still be like a titanic-sized room for mistakes, and second chances? Will hope still feel like hope because it was too easy to dream? I mean I had superfluous free time and sleeping always felt right, even at all the wrong times.

2018 is one huge blanket over my young-dumb-broke self, and it has slipped too fast over my shoulders. As we are leaving it today, I feel like I am walking one step out through so many doors. I am setting out on my own, it is the adult step way out and also probably what the society expects of me. I feel my parents’ wings that I was once warm and cosy under are slowly flapping away, silently of course because their little girl gotta fly on her own.

I am leaving so much behind me, the choices I made, some very unwise and I still got away scot-free. I am dreading some consequences may spill over, and I am faced with daunting moments that I have to lay in beds I so carelessly made. Well no pressure, you know. Its life, they say you are gonna get what you get; your choices define you; believe in yourself; do not worry be happy; live the moment; positive vibes only; live and love and laugh... I mean inspirational stuff doesn’t exactly move me, but whatever fuels you ahead, breathe it in. 

I only wish you all inner peace in all your endeavors, because I strongly believe that a sense of calm and a clear head is the only thing that makes life so enjoyable. Its happiness and satisfaction all combined. Thank you for 2018 all my readers, will we still be together 2019? ‘cause I love you all and I wanna hear from you more often and I will pay in kind. PEACE OUT with an OCEAN FULL OF LOVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survival for the loudest chap

Cold Feet

The Zombie Apocalypse